- Redesigned the HTML/CSS for a more compact, scannable layout. From the 2020 crawl data shared on this site.
- Example sentences for dictionary definitions and the “Choose the Right Word” explanations are hidden by default, as they are not part of the core thesauraus content. To view these, hover over the magnifying glass icon.
- Originally, the core “Antonyms” appeared last; I moved them up front so they take precedence over the less relevant antonym groups. Core synonyms are now directly presented without headers. Headers are abbreviated as follows:
|Syn nr||Synonyms and Near Synonyms|
|Ant nr||Antonyms and Near Antonyms|
|nr Ant||Near Antonyms|
- While “Related Words” and “Near Synonyms” are only of secondary relevance, they often occupy much more space than the core synonyms and antonyms. Therefore I have hidden their contents that exceed two sub-groups. This setting can be modified in line 60 of the CSS.
- Entries: 50,658. Deleted 557 entries with duplicate content, and replaced them with redirects; restored 11 entries from the 2015 edition: bibliolator, bimbo, castoff, coma, femaleness, slatternly, slut, substance abuser, unenjoyable, uninflammable, white-haired.
- Redirects: 4,000 for headword variants; 9,000 for orphaned synonyms.
The 50K entry count is grossly inflated, as more than half are plural forms of nouns, or various tenses of verbs. E.g., the headword weave reappears as weaves, weaving, wove, woven. Minus these substantive duplicates, the 2020 edition has roughly 3,000 more entries than the 2015 data crawl.