French Phonetic Dictionary ( IPA Transcriptions)

NEW: French IPA Lexicon (Fra-Fra)
Size: 10 MiB
Description: French IPA Pronunciations extracted from Wiktionary. Words can be searched via Latin Alphabet and also using IPA characters (reverse search). The French Wiktionary phonetic transcriptions are very accurate.

Download:
French IPA Lexicon (Fra-Fra) UTF8.zip (12,4 MB)

Entries: 2.868.767
Format: .dsl (GoldenDict)

THANKS to Mike from rhasspy.org for source code and kind help !
Source code: GitHub - rhasspy/wiktionary2dict: Tool for extracting IPA pronunciations from Wiktionary XML dump

5 个赞

@Wankata Could you please try this .dsl file on your GoldenDict on Windows and let me know if it works?

It does not work on GoldenDict-ng by Xiaoyifang. Therefore, I would like to see if the Official version can read that file.

Background: I did a mistake with the encoding. I saved as UTF-16 on Linux and did not keep a .txt copy in UTF-8. That creates a problem because I cannot edit the file again.

No, not working. GoldenDict indexes the dictionary, but it’s impossible to search inside or to view the content. What I see inside the DSL

:

1 个赞

I fixed the issue and updated the files on the Cloud.

The problem was solved after changing from UTF-16 to UTF-8. On Linux it is quite easy via Terminal:

iconv -f UTF-16 -t UTF-8 file1.txt > file2.txt

Once the file was converted into UTF-8 it works perfectly. In conclusion, we should always encode in UTF-8 for GoldenDict! :grinning: Thanks for your help!

1 个赞

No, we must thank you!

Confirmed, now works perfect.

I don’t know exactly what the problem is, but I myself have created several and use many other dictionaries that are encoded under UTF-16, and there is no problem with recognition, indexing, or searching in them.