一楼链接挂了,能补个链接吗

1 个赞

谢谢指教,这样理解能通呢,多谢。

请补链
谢谢

链接挂了,能补个吗?

2楼

1 个赞

I don’t think that many speakers will perceive the four options as different even in the slightest degree.

What is important to notice in your example is that this is basically one and the same grammatical construction (chain-of-verbs) with varied non-finite clause types and semantic roles. It is typical of perception verbs like 'hear" in this example or see, watch, listen etc.

One can only hear someone call/calling at the time the calling happens, not later or before that. This means that the distinction of “once” versus “continuously” cannot be meaningfully drawn between the progressive and non-progressive wordings. In other words, there is no difference and can’t possibly be any difference in the interpretations of “I heard someone calling me” and “I heard someone call me”

With some other verbs the -ing verb forms may suggest an imperfective interpretation and the simple form perfective (depending on the context and, I guess, the speaker). For example, “I heard someone enter the room” arguably places some more emphasis on the fact that the person eventually ended up in the room, than the alternative phrasing “I heard someone entering the room”. The latter places more focus on the very moment of the occurrence of the entrance.

However, even in this example, in most contexts there will hardly be any difference in interpretation between the two phrasings.

As an aside note, the grammatical model expounded in the Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language suffers from all the serious flaws typical of traditional grammars, and I wouldn’t recommend students use it as a principal source for learning about English syntax.

The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language by Huddleston et al is a modern grammar work, which gives a thorough and coherent account of the syntax of the English language.

大家好,如果现在购买华东师范大学出版社出版的《英语语法大全》纸本书,是不是只能通过二手书交易平台来实现?还有其他合适的办法吗?谢谢大家指教!

哈哈,所谓半瓶子水晃荡!三人有师,贵在自知!

结构不同,但这4个是同义句,实际表达时,随意选用,自己设想实际语境就能理解
国内土鳖老师带坏的,应试模式的英语害死人,学了一堆垃圾无用的,对表达使用毫无用处