古希腊语-英语-法语词典两本("Middle Liddell" & "Bailly 2020")

Here present two ancient Greek dictionaries for language learners.

1. Liddell & Scott’s An Intermediate Greek-English Lexicon (“Middle Liddell”). It’s a middle-sized dictionary abridged from its full version, Liddell & Scott & Jones’ A Greek-English Lexicon (the time-honoured “LSJ”). But it’s more suitable for daily reference and learners.
  2. Bailly’s Dictionnaire grec-français (“Bailly 2020”). It’s an updated version from its 1935 edition, the authoritative “le Grand Bailly”. It’s also an ideal dictionary for ancient Greek learners because it includes more entries than the “Middle Liddell” but has a much more systematic definition and layout than the gigantic “LSJ”.
    Hoping some volunteers will convert them into the .mdx version, remove the diacritics from keywords and transliterate them into Latin letters (searchable with an English keyboard), which will be much more convenient for mobile device users. @tovaremeterio
    Bailly 2020.zip (9.5 MB)
    Middle Liddell.zip (2.4 MB)
6 个赞

Thanks for the contributions @Jacques !

I unfortunately do not have much time to participate in new projects this year. I emigrated to another country and I am really struggling right now. Our friend @Wankata is on charge of the collection right now !

@Wankata do we have those 2 dictionaries on the FreeMDict Cloud collection?

I am not sure… I prefer to consult you before uploading duplicates :see_no_evil:

Thanks to both of you ! :smiley:

2 个赞

The [quote=“Jacques, post:1, topic:18873”]
Bailly 2020.zip
[/quote] is just the same thing with the Bailly’s Dictionnaire Ancient Grec-Français 2020.7z in

Wish you success in dealing with everything in the new land, tovaremeterio!

Hi both.

Yes, I uploaded the one of dictionaries without changes; the other dictionary is merged into one archive with another already existing version of it:

and

https://cloud.freemdict.com/index.php/s/tRA7YzZoqqHWmXa

It’s not the person’s fault, I took the dictionaries from here and uploaded them to the server.

2 个赞

Thanks for uploading! @tovaremeterio @Wankata @manju I’ve already benefited a lot from your collection.
The “Middle Liddell” I uploaded here is a different book from the “LSJ” you merged in the collection (not just another version), so it will be great to separate them or rename the file in case people are confused. Here is another version of “LSJ” (in .mdx format)
LSJ.part1.rar (15 MB)
LSJ.part2.rar (15 MB)
LSJ.part3.rar (1.9 MB)
that I think is different from the version in your collection. This version is searchable with an English keyboard, so there is no need to change the input method into polytonic Greek like some other versions. You may also want to upload it. Hoping you could add or convert more dictionaries in .mdx format!

2 个赞

OK thanks!

I divided the dictionaries, added yours to them.

Have a nice day!