供参考:

五点差二十的翻译

五点差二十
翻译成英文是:Twenty minutes to five
例句:
现在的时间是五点差二十
The time now is Twenty minutes to five

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/493655285343998692.html

人家压根就不是采用计算这个逻辑去理解的,人家是根据表的另一半半圆圈的指针数字去理解的。你要是真按照计算的逻辑去听人家讲大段大段的内容听起来能累死。你要不信可以问问英国人美国人它妈计算一个简单的数字加减需要多少时间,或者你直接让他们口算60内的减法看看它们算出来需要多少秒。教英语时间的书上基本都是按照计算的逻辑去讲了。其实这个讲法逻辑本身就错了。几点几分的时间对于普通人来说在大多数情况下只是数字而已,比如3点36和3点45对于没有什么事情的人来说只是个数字而已,比如你被封在家里有吃有喝的什么都不缺,那么你就不会考虑这两个时间离4点还有多少分钟。这就是我所说的其实英国人美国人对于分钟超过30的时间表示不是用计算的逻辑去理解的。英国人美国人不背乘法口诀,所以他们理解这种分钟数字是按照表的另一半半圆圈数字(倒着数去理解的)。

two to two to two two比较合理吧?

[two to two](一点五十八分)to(到) [two two](两点零二分)

1 个赞

供参考:

“Two to two” for time point
Is “two to two” a correct way to say “13:58” or “01:58” for time?

So there’s a few thoughts I have about this. I’ll address them separately.

In general this format is fine. It is understandable and idiomatic, but is it the best way to convey an answer?

“Two to two” is the same sound three times in a row. An alternative to “to” here, would be “until”, commonly abbreviated in casual speech as “'til”. “Two 'til two” makes it slightly more understandable (to me at least, this could be a regional preference in the SE USA) without having to think about it. Additionally, adding the unit to the sentence as in “two minutes 'til two”, while technically unnecessary, increases the comprehension as well.

Oftentimes, I will find myself limiting the specificity of such a “X til Y” statement to increments of approximately 5 minutes, and shifting to a MORE specific conveyance for minutes fewer than 5. This is because oftentimes, when people are asking the time, they have somewhere to be or something to do at a specific time. These specific times are most often on the hour or half-hour, and sometimes on the quarter-hour. Limiting specificity to increments of 5 minutes is useful while also being easy to understand quickly. For example:
“What time is it?” “It’s about ten til six.” - approximately 10 mins until 6; approximate answer is fine, because approximation this far out is usually fine.
“What time is it?” “It’s five fifty eight.” - Specifically 2 minutes until 6; specificity is preferred because we’re approaching the hour mark.

Much of this is largely preference and is context sensitive, but there are many ways to tweak your time conveyance in speech to assist with specificity or understandability, and knowing how is useful.