Unkown 日本語表現文型辞典 needs a little adjustment

Hello community,

Please let me know if this is the right forum for this topic, and I’ll put it whenever it matches.

Anyway, I’ve this 日本語表現文型辞典 dictionary from a long time, but I don’t remember where did I download it. Seeing this dictionary never showed any result when a search was conducted, I found out that the number entry of the dictionary was the headword instead of the desired word.

Search example:
[JAP-ENG]

[JAP-JAP]

[DICTIONARY RESULT]

Only numbers can be used if you want to do a search:

I’ve searched through this forum looking if this dictionary was already shared, but It doesn’t seem to be the case. The numbered entry in this dictionary needs to be changed to a proper readable entry. It contains some interesting items that aren’t in any other Japanese Grammar Dictionary that I’m concerned about. Also, the whole word explanation is divided into different sections, adding a lot of useful information.

Download link: https://cloud.freemdict.com/index.php/s/j4etdJZqR45Lj76 [EPWING FORMAT]

3 个赞

Hello. Where are you from? Learning Japanese?

1 个赞

Sorry, but what does it have to do with the post?

its mdx text shows entries are not linked to any auxiliary kana link, so that’s why you have to type numbers to search for it

you have to manually refurbish it to acheive your desired result

How can i open the .mdx file? It’s totally new for me.

use mdxexport to unpack and mdxbuilder to repack.
Google for mdict dictionary format on how to edit. I know a bit of tutorials but they’re in Chinese

Also if you could, PM @epistularum for help. He’s an English user and expert in compiling mdx.

Thanks for the info, now i know where to start.

Well, now you mentioned him, he’ll receive a notification. However, this dict has been here since last month and there were no answers or petitions to fix it. Probably there’s no interest. We already have a great number of grammar dictionaries (The Japan Times trilogy, etc)

Is this dictionary only in EPWING format or do you also have a mdx?

https://downloads.freemdict.com/100G_Super_Big_Collection/日语/

1 个赞

I uploaded the EPWING version, that’s all I have.

There you go:

I couldn’t find any information on this dictionary. If anyone knows the publisher or anything, please let me know.

3 个赞

This dict is from the main site and has been there for a long time.

The dictionary in this thread is actually another dictionary I believe.

Hier are the tools for .mdx and .mdd files.

Mdx Builder is used to compile .txt files to mdx. (and when necessary folders to .mdd) files.
MdxBuilder.7z (1,0 MB)

Mdx Export to extract .txt from mdx or folders from .mdd files
MdxExport3.5.7z (51,8 KB)

2 个赞

There is also this tool if you like the command line more/don’t want to use wine on linux.

Thank you guys.
I have changed a few things thanks to the.css file. But It seems I’ll need to remind my skills in programming to change others.

I hope to release an updated version of the dictionary when finished.
Greetings.

2 个赞

what’s the difference between the dictionary in this thread and the existing one on the freemdict main site?

They’re completely different dictionaries it seems. The source/publisher for the dictionary in this thread is unknown but we know that it comes from EPWING (custom epwing dictionaries are a thing so it could come from anywhere). The dictionary on the main site is (アルク)どんなときどう使う日本語表現文型辞典[新装版].

ok, I will use both of them then. Thank you for your great work!!

1 个赞

I have found the original version of this dictionary, it is called 『会話で学ぶ日本語文型辞典』 and was translated into Chinese and published with the name 日語表達方式學習辭典。

博客來-日語表達方式學習詞典(日文版) (books.com.tw)

The data in this dictionary can also be found on the following website

日本語教材の日本語駆け込み寺 日本語表現文型辞典 (fc2.com)

This dictionary has been updated and renamed 日本語表現文型辞典 - “生きた”例文で学ぶ, with simpler dialogues and more sample sentences.

日本語表現文型辞典 / アスク出版/目黒真実 - 紀伊國屋書店ウェブストア|オンライン書店|本、雑誌の通販、電子書籍ストア (kinokuniya.co.jp)

The updated version has also been translated into Chinese

日本語情景句型辭典(中日對譯)(簡體書) - 三民網路書店 (sanmin.com.tw)

4 个赞