I ain’t got no money. 为什么oald10写了两个否定

出自olad10 ain’t词条,牛津英汉辞书给的翻译是

2 个赞

供参考:

问:Origin and correctness of “ain’t no”?
In contemporary American English usage, I come across sentences like:

I ain’t got no money.

Ain’t no man like him.

答:Saying ain’t no sounds incorrect to me because it is a double negative. What is the origin of this particular construction?

Leaving aside ain’t, which is a different issue, the phenomenon called “double negation” is not so simple as it may seem.

Most of the languages of the world use multiple negatives to emphasize the negation, like the (respectively) French, Spanish, and Yiddish examples below:

Je ne regrette rien. 'I don't regret anything' (lit 'I not regret nothing')
No entiendo nada. 'I don't understand anything' (lit 'Not I_understand nothing')
Ikh hob nit kin huyz. (‏איך האָב ניט קין הױז) 'I don't have a house' (lit 'I have not no house')

Using negatives this way is known as Negative Concord. Many English dialects, especially in informal registers, have a negative concord system; one well-known example is AAVE.

But other dialects, including standard whitebread American English, use a different system, called Negative Polarity. Instead of using negative elements in the focus of another negative to reinforce the negative sense, a negative polarity system uses other – non-negative, but specialized – elements, called Negative Polarity Items (NPIs), in these positions.
(略)

No Money (OutaMatic Remix)歌词
[by:小陀螺Tony]
[00:16.44]Sorry, I ain’t got no money
[00:18.23]I’m not trying to be funny

2 个赞

我没有就是没有钱。

2 个赞

在数学上,负负得正,没有例外。

在语言学上,双重否定不一定等于肯定。

“I ain’t got no money”是“双重否定还是否定”的例子,有强调的意思。

单译为“我没有钱”太直白,看不出强调。

译成“我真没钱啊”可能更好。

4 个赞

哈哈,这个翻译的好。 :joy:

再次看到这个帖,@shaoshi 的翻译还是让我觉得赞!
语言学 不是数学上的负负得正,这句有点类似排比,加强了语气

3 个赞

我看的头都大了。:doge::laughing:
我突然发现我把牛津辞书删掉了,我还付费订阅了呢:sweat:

1 个赞

Once you have paid for a dictionary, you should not be required to pay again to re-download it to your device or to install it on another of your iOS devices.

Firstly, please ensure that you are signed in to the App Store with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase. Then, in the Catalogue tab of the app, tap Restore. This should allow you to access in-app purchases made with this Apple ID, i.e. to download your dictionary again at no further cost.

For more information on restoring in-app purchases, please see this Apple support page.(https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204530)

1 个赞

May I ask where to download this OALD version where the sentence pronunciations are available?

Thank you so much for your help!

1 个赞

一目了然——非常简单!!!读一读美俚 (当然The use of ain’t is still perfectly normal in many dialects and informal speech in both Britain and North America.) 是怎么说来着!!!
ain’t
is not; am not; are not; do not; have not; will not; etc. Typically used in the double negative (加注:通常用于双重否定!!!这个是重点!!!), as the example sentences show. Its use in the United States is generally limited to the South and Midwest.
①Ain’t nothing like that I ain’t seen before. (“There is nothing like that I have not seen before.”)
②He ain’t got no money. (“He does not have any money.”)
③I ain’t seen him since last year. (“I have not seen him since last year.”)
④She ain’t going to school today. (“She is not going to school today.”)

2 个赞

尼哥的口语,很常见,双重否定还是否定的意思。联想下尼哥们讲法语时,动词都不变位,同理。

中文口语也有类似的,比如,有luan用,没luan用,都是没用。

美国俚语,就是这么随便

我也有类似的疑惑,记得高中时候听的pink floyd 的一首歌的歌词: we don’t need no education.
后来在徐广联那本书里面找到了答案。其实还是否定的意思。