Duden-Wissensnetz deutsche Sprache 2024/02/01

Thank you very much for your dictionary collection. They serve as excellent backups for dictionaries, considering it can be quite troublesome if the original links expire. Your organization and classification are very satisfactory. It must have taken a lot of time and effort to maintain.

I suppose that many of them come from the ru-board forum, which can be quite challenging to navigate, in terms of both language barrier (In fact, when it comes to machine translation from foreign languages to Chinese, only English tends to be translated better) and bad website layout.

I have downloaded many useful dictionaries from your collection, and it’s really convenient. The only problem I’ve encountered is that my web pages load very slowly because there is so much content. I’m not sure if it’s due to the browser or slow internet speed when accessing overseas servers from China. (The Freemdict server is not hosted in China) Many times, I end up waiting for a long time only to see a blank page.

I hope to have the opportunity to travel to Europe, but unfortunately, due to time and financial constraints, I haven’t been able to fulfill that desire yet. But. I’ll keep participating in the forum as long as it remains open.

1 个赞

We created a mirror here - I don’t know if it’s faster for you, but sometimes it can help, I think. At least my upload speed to Mail.ru from Bulgaria is about 3 times faster than speed to FreeMdict.

Again, thanks for your great work and patience!

2 个赞

Thank you for this alternative mirror; there won’t be any delays in loading. The admirable hard work will definitely benefit the public.

1 个赞

Latest update: 2024-01-28T09:03:00Z

mdx:

• Add the missing “</details>” tag to correctly fold content, remove the excess “</blockquote>” tag.

Search e.g. “General”, “Leutnant”, “Generaladmiralin” to see the change.

The dictionary may still have deficiencies due to my data processing issues. Please inform me so I can correct them in time.

I found that the content of this dictionary actually matches the Duden-Deutsches Universalwörterbuch. The existing mdx derived from dsl comes from the Duden-Bibliothek CD-ROM in 2011, and I cannot confirm which mdx’s dictionary version is newer. It’s common for electronic dictionaries on Apple devices to not be updated for many years.

Another regret I have to mention is that I can only get the text data of the dictionary, in fact original Apple Dictionaries have pronunciation files.

2 个赞

@Wankata This community is awesome :smiley: :heart:

This is much better than “Ru-Board” where most people are fighting in russian about trivial matters… :rofl:

Hardworking people like @amob are the heart of this forum! :smiley: Thanks

It is possible, but each of the forums has its own specifics, which do not coincide with the specifics of the others. Most of the files on our server came from Ru-Board and their both ex-servers; in addition, languages not found here are represented there - Slavic, Southern European, etc. If you ask someone who deals with such languages, they will tell you that there is nothing better than Ru-Board, and that there is nothing interesting for him here. Both are good, it depends on the point of view. Personally, I can’t say which one is better - they are simply incomparable. Another big source is 4PDA, which has a different focus (mostly on mobile devices). After all, we are sort of a hub that collects files from these forums (and other sources too). Some of the dictionaries presented here are also converted DSL files that also came from Ru-Board; it is also the oldest forum. In this sense every community is awesome, and I respect every of them.

An incomplete list of sources from which files are uploaded by us (and every file is valuable, even if it’s just one), plus additionally DC++, eMule, Telegram, many torrent trackers, individual sites etc.:

Additional sources for dictionaries.pdf (56.6 КБ)

2 个赞

2024-02-01T08:57:00Z

mdx:

• Complement the missing “</blockquote>” tag.

• Complement the missing “</details>” tag.

Search e.g. “Bad”, “ablaufen”,“Althochdeutsch” to see the improvement.

3 个赞

The dictionary is reaching a level of ultimate perfection…! :heart: Thanks again dear friend @amob

1 个赞

Ich bedanke mich bei dir für deine Hilfe. Du bist ein echter Held.

The largest hero for learners of German is our friend @amob !

The Duden Online is unreadable without paying because it shows many ads and people need to pay a fortune. I cannot afford that. I am poor.

Furthermore, it is more efficient with GoldenDict instead of online! All this thanks to the great master @amob ! Thanks from Germany!

Your kind work @amob will help many poor students and migrants to have a better life for their families…

Hi.

It’s not quite like that. :slight_smile: See this site - you can search simultaneously in all dictionaries.:

1 个赞

hello
@tovaremeterio
how to extract these files and where to save them ( inside the same folder in Golden dict?) .Are all these files same ?
moreover, none of them works. Or i’m unable to open it properly.I get the message the files are corrupted or error when i try to extraxt using 7zip or Winrar. I have attached the substantating SS too.I have download the latest updated files on 28.1.2024.
PLEASE HELP

Mark all 4 files → right button → extract. If you still cannot extract the files, try to download it from our mirror:

I was able to download using the link you shared madam, thank you kindly for the prompt reply.

1 个赞

I’m not madam… :smiley:

You’re welcome!