[DictTango] 安卓版 v2.2.3.7

对,但这种方法是有瑕疵的,应该根据屏幕高度来判断而不是词典内容的高度。

1 个赞

Thanks for giving the ways.

In my case, there is an error when using the File Manager as you can see in the following image.

And again due to the permission change of Android 11, Android/data/* files are not easily visible. Therefore, using the Files by Google will not be able to see the directory used by Dict Tango. And using Android Files, the directory can be seen, however, read-only. Therefore, I would suggest you to take usage of Android/media just like Eudic.

Although I haven’t yet made it possible, still thanks for your willingness to help. BTW, if you can give up on the file permission check at startup, it would make Dict Tango more favorable.

Best, G.

Take note that the second permission diaglog is must-have because Dict Tango needs to write to /sdcard/Android/data directory on the external sdcard while you can ignore the first dialog.

Can be ignored

Cannot be ignored

After that, you should be able to see the directories through PC console

If you check the Eudic in Google Store and you will notice that the last updated date is 18 Oct 2021,

I guess the reason why Eudic didn’t upgrade their app after that is:

Which means starting from 1 Nov 2021, all the apps must target Android 11 when they publish to Google Store, and if the app targets Android 11, it will not able to access the other file types except media files in Android/meida.

F-Droid Store is the best alternative to Google Play since such restrictions do not exist for App developers.

However, all Apps on F-Droid should be Open Source and without tracking…

I analized “Dict Tango” with Exodus App and it seems that no trackers are included :slight_smile:

If someday "Dict Tango is made Open Source it could be published on F-Droid without the silly restrictions of Google Play…

1 个赞

After all, it is a matter of trust, don’t force the deal if you don’t feel safe.

I believe it won’t be a problem for the users who trust the app and willing to grant the permissions.

And for the users who have concerns about the risks of permission, they can try other apps.

4 个赞

Hi again, I haven’t gone too deeply into these permission things. But I am always suspicious about the permissions required by apps. Indeed, I also noticed that even without granting any permissions (at least related) to Eudic, it is possible to use Eudic and also download additional dictionaries provided by Eudic. If it is not possible to use Dict Tango without giving permission, this will be a deal breaker for me.

PS: I saw the discussion about Open Source, personally I support you to own the app without making it open source. You shouldn’t be force to open source it, if you have a business plan for it. You put your effort there and deserve well to profit from it at some later point. But if you don’t want to charge in any way of this app (e.g., decided to keep it for free forever), make it open source can also be a way for you to gain reputation and acknowledgement. Anyway, as an end user, my core concern is that I can use this app without losing control of my privacy. If an app is useful to me and without privacy issues, I am also willing to pay for it. Like I have paid AnkiMobile (yes I have both Android (with FOSS Anki app) and iOS mobiles phones) which costs quite some bucks, because I think the developer deserves being paid at this price. (he open sourced desktop versions of Anki - this is the part I admire him in this regard)

1 个赞

Thank you for your suggestion, I prefer to provide this app for free but keep it close source.
And as I mentioned, if you have concerns about this permissions, please try other apps instead.

Here are the privacy permissions for Eudic and Dict Tango for your preference.

2 个赞

There are perhaps other legitimate reasons why the developer wants his app closed sourced. Judging from the frequent updates, the developer himself also uses this app on a daily basis. It’s easier for him to be informed of any bugs this way. If he open sources the code, and it gets forked, he may need extra effort to keep track of all possible changes. So don’t push it.

5 个赞

Yes, I fully agree with you - don’t push developer any more. Developer takes a lot of time to maintain it, adds new functions so often, it’s not easy! and he insists on free and never asks for any donation for several years, it’s not easy for anyone! Thanks glacierlee!

Also, you need to take into account that open sourcing your code might require additional effort:
(Refer to: https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/152654/reasons-not-to-open-source-not-for-profit-code )

As we get ready to dive into the open source world, one of the many activities that’s occurring is the preparation of the code for being open sourced. There are some obvious things that need to be done. For instance, our source code includes a mixture of code that we’ve written and code that we’ve licensed from others. We’ll need to separate out the latter and open source only the appropriate pieces of code.

Another preparation activity is “scrubbing” the code of proprietary information, mentions of particular customers, developers, technologies etc. This is a little less obvious, but consider the following example:

/\*
 \* HACK - insert a time delay here because the stupid Intertrode
 \* Technologies framebuffer driver will hang the system if we
 \* don't. Those guys over there must really be idiots.
 \*/

While all of the above might be true, we probably have a relationship of some sort with Intertrode Tech and having comments like this in the code could hurt our business somehow and so it should be removed. Arguably it shouldn’t have been there in the first place, but now’s the time to take it out.

Another part of the “scrubbing” activity is to remove profanity and other “undesirable” words…

4 个赞

Hi, as I have expressed in my last post. I will not use this app if I have to give the file access permission. However, I still wish to have another good enough app to use if you make it acceptable. I was just suggesting to make it better.

For your comparison of Eudic and Dict Tango. Just one opinion from me, there is a difference between how many permissions an app wants and how many persimmons I have to give in order to use it. (I haven’t given any permission to Eudic but I can use it; this doesn‘t work for Dict Tango - In comparison, this make Dict Tango very suspicious of what it wants to collect from my storage)

1 个赞

不喜勿用,何必苦苦逼别人开源呢!

3 个赞

Then keep using eudic. Obviously Tango is not good enough for you.

1 个赞

Man will always be man, there is no new man. The management team worked so hard to create a forum that was equal, where there’d be nothing to envy any others in this forum. But there’s always something to envy. A dictionmary, a PDF file, something you don’t have and want to appropriate. Even in this world, there will always be rich and poor. Rich in gifts, poor in gifts. Rich in love, poor in love. :smiley:

2 个赞

请教大神,目录AudioResources是放什么类型文件的?我把发音文件(mdd mdx)放进去并且在发音资源设置了,点喇叭不能发音。还有,把这个文件放在分组首位也不能发音……

有设置为默认发音库吗?还有你的mdd是单独的发音库,还是其它词典的mdd?

1 个赞

想设置成默认发音库,一展开词典就自动发音的,不知道可以吗?发音库是单独英音发音库360M的那个,只有1个mdx和1个mdd

Dict Tango没有有自动发音的功能的。

设置为默认发音库的操作如下

3 个赞

楼主你好,点译模式我选的双击,但在使用在线词典时,单击就弹出浮动窗口了,有海词,谷歌、百度等翻译。

倒是有个在线词典没这问题,就是三击四击都不出浮动窗口 :joy: (长按可以用)

还有就是,为什么在线词典中,点击输入框后不弹出输入法呢?

2 个赞

点译模式的设置暂时只对本地词典生效,之后的版本看能不能改善。
现在在普通查询模式里,词典内容是不可以输入文字的,阅读模式可以,但阅读模式暂时不支持在线词典。
关于你那个在线词典,貌似我手机上可以点译,你打开调试模式看看有什么错误提示。